When I first started tackling the fungus problem in my tomatoes, I reported that the fungus had only been affecting the leaves, not the tomato fruits. Well, that has changed now.
On closer inspection, about two thirds of my sungold cherry tomatoes looked fine. The remaining third, however, had small green blemishes. Slicing open a slightly blemished tomato revealed the true effect of the fungus – it rots the tomato from the inside out.
Fortunately, I expect this to be a temporary problem, because the sulfur-based fungicide I used has worked wonders. Yes, there are some dead leaves that the fungus got, but new shoots and leaves have been unaffected. I’ve also seen an increase in flowers since I sprayed.
In hindsight, I should have dealt with my fungus problem sooner; who knows how much greater my yield could have been. All the same, I’ve learned a lot, and I still have a good two months of growing time to tease fruit out of my plants.